|Our Pastor For many years, Pastor Doyle Hart has contributed to the spiritual fiber of America, inspiring commitment to excellence in people from all walks of life.1. There is one true God, eternally existing in three persons - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - each of whom possesses equally all the attributes of Deity and the characteristics of personality.
2. Jesus Christ is God, the Living Word, who became flesh through His miraculous conception by the Holy Spirit and His virgin birth. Hence, He is perfect Deity and true humanity united in one person forever.
3. He lived a sinless life and voluntarily atoned for the sins of men by dying on the cross as their substitute, thus satisfying divine justice and accomplishing salvation for all who trust in Him alone.
4. He rose from the dead in the same body, though glorified, in which He lived and died
5. He ascended bodily into heaven and sat down at the right hand of the Father, where He, the only mediator between God and man, continually makes intercession for His own.
6. Man was originally created in the image of God. He sinned by disobeying God, thus, he was alienated from His creator. That historic fall brought all mankind under divine condemnation.
7. Man's nature is corrupted and he is thus totally unable to please God. Every man is in need of regeneration and renewal by the Holy Spirit.
8. The salvation of man is wholly a work of God's free grace and is not the work, in whole or in part, of human works or goodness or religious ceremony. God imputed His righteousness to those who put their faith in Christ alone for their salvation, and thereby justifies them in His sight
9. It is the privilege of all who are born again of the Spirit to be assured of their salvation from the very moment in which they trust Christ as their Savior. This assurance is not based upon any kind of human merit but is produced by the testimony of God in His written word
10. The Holy Spirit has come into the world to reveal and glorify Christ and to apply the saving work of Christ to men. He convicts and draws sinners to Christ, imparts new life to them, continually indwells them from the moment of spiritual birth and seals them until the day of redemption. His fullness, power and control are appropriated in the believer's life by faith.
11. Every believer is called to live so in the power of the indwelling Spirit that he will not fulfill the lust of the flesh but will bear fruit to the glory of God.
12. Jesus Christ is the Head of the Church, His Body, which is composed of all men, living and dead, who have been joined to Him through saving faith.
13. God admonishes His people to assemble together regularly for worship, for participation in ordinances, for edification through the Scriptures and for mutual encouragement.
14. At physical death, the believer enters immediately into eternal, conscious fellowship with the Lord and awaits the resurrection of his body to everlasting glory and blessing.
15. At physical death, the non-believer enters immediately into eternal conscious separation from the Lord and awaits the resurrection of his body to everlasting judgment and condemnation.
16. Jesus Christ will come again to the earth -personally, visibly and bodily - to consummate history and the eternal plan of God.
17. The Lord Jesus Christ commanded all believers to proclaim the gospel throughout the world and to disciple men of every nation. The fulfillment of the Great Commission requires that all worldly personal ambitions be subordinated to a total commitment to "Him" who loved us and gave Himself for us.
Our history : In 1965, God led Pastor Hart to the Los Angeles area. From tent meetings to a smaller theater building on South Broadway, to this present sanctuary, it has been a story of God honoring the faith and leadership of Pastor Hart. Through his ministry, literally thousands have been restored spiritually, physically, and financially, into a place of blessing in God.
Our Pastor For many years, Pastor Doyle Hart has contributed to the spiritual fiber of America, inspiring commitment to excellence in people from all walks of life.
As a young man, Doyle Hart felt the call of God upon His life, and in 1939 he was ordained into the full time ministry, devoting his life to preaching the Gospel and to ministering to the spiritual needs of the people. Beginning in Dallas, Texas, word rapidly spread of the impact of his message. His sincere dedication, his scintillating style of ministering, along with his multiple talents, effervescent personality and a powerful anointing, soon brought demand for his ministry across the Nation.
In 1949, Pastor Hart founded the Yakima Revival Center in Yakima, Washington and there accepted his first pastorate. He pastored in Yakima for six years and in 1953 resigned and returned to the Evangelistic field, proclaiming the Gospel.
In 1965, Pastor Hart moved to California where he founded Calvary Temple on Broadway and Manchester in Los Angeles, ministering to the spiritual needs of the people and bringing healing and restoration to thousands in the greater Los Angeles area.
Under Pastor Hart's leadership, Calvary Temple experienced a phenomenal growth, and in 1975 the church relocated to it's new home, Academy Cathedral, in Inglewood, a beautiful large facility with a seating capacity of over one thousand.
Pastor Hart’s ministry has positively influenced and impacted lives of many individuals, families, and communities across the country. Pastor Hart’s genuine love for people is expressed through the many programs of assistance available to children, senior citizens and the less fortunate, providing food for the hungry, clothes for the needy, and shelter for the homeless.
Pastor Hart is endeared to the hearts of many people for his endless love, support, and inspiring messages of hope, peace, and deliverance that continue to bring many from poverty to prosperity, from sickness to health, from bondage to freedom, from hate to love, and from sin to salvation. His untiring efforts and devotion to God and to people everywhere gained him recognition in this community and across the nation as a dynamic leader, loving, caring and providing effective quality programs for youth and adults. His life powerfully exemplifies the life of Christ as he extends love to all. Thousands have been impacted by his positive leadership. He is a great pastor who is loved, respected and admired for his great contribution to mankind.